Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back in Canada

We are now back in Canada, after stopping in Charleston, SC on our way back. The journey to Charleston was a problem, with major traffic issues and highways shut down and alternate routes also blocked. We only made it as far as the Georgia border the first day, in spite of the GPS I had just purchased which showed us some good alternate routes. Once you are blocked on a highway, you don't have too many options!

However, we arrived in Charleston on Saturday May 10, in time for Lori to go out for her much enjoyed Mother's Day tea with Linda and Brian. It was good to see Brian, Linda, Steve and Caitlin again.




We made it back to Canada from Charleston in two days and are back in the swing of the simple life in cottage country. Lori is very active with her line dancing, and I have been busy with my consulting work, which should come to fruition at the end of June - around the time we expect to go back to San Antonio to be with Callum and Mia, when Yvonne and Brian travel to Taiwan to pick up Lachlan, the latest very welcome addition to the Crawford clan.

2 comments:

Linda Storey said...

Such a sweet face on that baby! You would never know how mischievous she really is by that innocent looking face! It was great to see you guys again in Charleston and I loved my mother's day tea with Bri and Mom!

Yvonne Crawford said...

Brian never tells me anything, I didn't know about the tea. Very sweet. I miss tea at the old school house.

Callum and Mia can't wait for your return!!!